Q.

can ear infection cause neck and shoulder pain

Related Topics: Neck, Shoulder, Pain, Ear Infection

A.
I suppose it's possible. Middle ear infections can be very painful, and I'm sure it might feel as if the pain is radiating down the neck to the shoulder.

However, the pain you're describing could be caused by many other conditions, including muscle strain, degenerative disc disease, or even possibly mastoiditis. The only way to tell what's causing your pain is for you to get an examination by a medical professional.

If your pain doesn't clear up or if it's accompanied by a fever, I'd suggest you contact your primary health care provider for an appointment to find out what's going on.

Hope this helps!