Q.

electric shock in leg

HI there........I have never had this symptom before. I have MS also but not sure if this is a new symptom? I just started having an Electric Shock like symptom in my Right Leg when resting but especially when walking? Is this MS related or something else?

A.
Because you already have been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS), I'd suggest you contact your primary health care provider to inform him or her of this new symptom.

And, in answer to your question, yes, this is a "new symptom." It may be related to the MS, or it may be caused by something else. Only your health care provider can tell you for sure.

Wishing you all the best!

A.
Your shocks can absolutely, positively be caused by your MS. I get the sensation of being "tasered" from my elbows through my hands. These "shocks" have literally lifted me inches off the couch or bed they are so powerful. I spent 10 days in the hospital with an EEG and 6 months later on an ambulatory EEG at home. Seizures were ruled out. So great; once again I find out what it's not. The best answer I get is that they are a "complication of MS". The still hurt like hell though.

A.

Yes this is called L' Hermittes sign and I have this symptom in my arms and legs. Over time it has improved some but I still have the feeling of shocks if I move my neck quickly.  Hope this helps.  

A.
it very well could be. i have them in my head and it's like my brain is plugged into a socket. if it is at night and everything is dark, i see sparks of light behind my eyes. usually it doesn't last long but it really is freaky.