Health & Sex

Q.

Could My Girlfriend Be Pregnant?

So last week my girlfriend and I laid naked in bed. We didn't have sex, we did touch each other and  I didn't not ejaculate. My GF told me that she has missed her period and she is worried that she may be pregnant. I told here that there was no way sense I did not penetrate her and I did not ejaculate. As a precaution I went to the drug store and bought her Levonorgestrel, a hormone that is used to prevent pregnancy. Is there anyway possible that she could have gotten pregnant? 

A.

If the boy parts touch the girl parts, whether you ejaculate or not, there is always a small chance that pregnancy could occur. Sperm can be viable in the clear mucous that emits from your penis during sexual excitation. The chance is very remote, however, so I think you are good....this time. If your girlfriend is also having sex with someone else, that would be a different story.

Having a little scare like this is good practice, If you continue with your risky sex-play, you are eventually going to have sex. Why not try and prevent it? Your partner should be on an effective method of birth control, and YOU should be wearing a condom. An erect penis is a loaded weapon, my worried friend.

A.

YES, ABSOLUTELY. If she is worried of possibly being pregnant then its always a possibility IF she has been active in sex. I would think the next best question to ask is...Could she be pregnant with MY baby, in which case i would highly doubt the possibility. You MUST ejaculate. She MUST be exposed to some way of having sperm get into her. Otherwise either she is really young and fear filled from ignorance and myths, she is a manipulator trying to make you feel guilty or she thinks she really is and has had sex with someone else and is still a manipulator trying to make you think its yours.. you dont give her age or experiance or other times of sexual encounter.

A.
#Rod Moser, PA, PhD

This is not an answer, I could not find a reply button. 

Thank you very much for your quick reply, it did give both of us a scare and we told each other that we would not be doing anything like that again. Do you think that the Levonorgestrel will help? Should she take another to be sure? I know you said that there was a very small chance but I just really want to make sure. Also is Levonorgestrel the same as the morning after pill?

Thanks,
Luis Garcia 

Post Your AnswerCancel

While writing your answer, you may find these tips helpful:

• Please try to keep your answer short and to the point. Be sure the answer is specific to the question asked.
  • To help protect your privacy, you should never submit any question or answer that includes personal information such as a name, phone number, email address, or mailing address.
  • Have a reference? Please include it to support your answer.

Today on WebMD

flowers behind back
Article
Upset woman sitting on bed
Article

couple kissing
Article
Exercises for Better Sex
Video

Life Cycle of a Penis
Article
HIV Myth Facts
Slideshow

How Healthy is Your Sex Life
Quiz
Couple in bed
Video

6 Tips For Teens
Article
Close-up of young man
Article

screening tests for men
Slideshow
HPV Vaccine Future
Article

Important: The opinions expressed in WebMD User-generated content areas like communities, reviews, ratings, blogs, or WebMD Answers are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of WebMD. User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a WebMD physician or any member of the WebMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. Some of these opinions may contain information about treatments or uses of drug products that have not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. WebMD does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider WebMD User-generated content as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on WebMD. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified health care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or dial 911 immediately.

URAC: Accredited Health Web Site HONcode Seal AdChoices