Q.

How do I go about switching doctors and especially in the same practice as each other

Have been looking into switching OB/GYNs ever since the last one I saw.  I wasn't really thrilled with her because she just had her 1st baby a couple mo before my 1st appointment and etc.  Now, I learned that theres a new doctor in the practice and I really like to switch to her because she just started her practice, hopefully she doesn't have a kid/s as of yet or expecting one just as of yet.

Related Topics: Vision, Baby

Best Answer 
A.
Most Helpful Answer

Just do it.  The choice of medical provider is your right, and you should be able to see the doctor of your choice. You don't need to give them a reason or a lengthy explanation, just orchestrate the change by asking, and make your next appointment with the new doctor.

Don't worry. People do this all of the time, and you will not hurt your old doctor's feelings. They are usually very busy and do not really care if one of their patients jump ship.

The most important thing is for you to find a medical provider that you like...one that will listen...one who is competent and responsive.... and one who cares.

A.
I'm back again with a update regarding of this.

Anyway, I contracted the practice regarding in this and in which I'm glad that I did.  At the same time have removed all of the personal info that were in the original emails for privacy reasons and etc.  Because the doctor that I want switched to is also going on Maternity Leave sometime in the near future.  In which I was WOW what luck I'm having founding and keeping a OB/GYN over this past couple of years.  Mean with maternity leaves and etc along those lines.

Rather see the doctor in her early to mid pregnancy vs mid to late pregnancy and that goes for after she comes back from the maternity leave.  As opposed to what I did with the previous dr. and prefer not to do it again.

Tell, you the truth I have dealt with my drs. especially my OB/GYN going/being on maternity leave before.  But never like  the previous dr. that I had and etc.

A.
I'm back again with a update regarding of this..  At the same time have removed all of the personal info that were in the original emails for privacy reasons and etc.  

Its me again because it appears that Dr. that I want only works out one of office (the one that I want and near me) via hospital site as opposed to working out of both of them.  In which I'm prefer the dr/s working out of only office as opposed to drs working out of both offices.

A.
I'm back again with a update regarding this.  At the same time have removed all of the personal/office info the were in the original emails for privacy reasons and etc.

Thank you for the update and taking the time to talk to my current Dr. for me.  Was only just making sure that Dr. that I want to switched also worked out of both offices.  In which it really doesn't bother that Dr. also works out of both offices because I already knew this is a huge practice.  Now, I'm back 2nd guessing myself as to whether I should keep my current dr or go ahead with my switched to the new dr regarding your latest email to me.