Q.

Stabbing pain under rib cage

stabbing pains right side under my ribs for several weeks started in July  CT scan normal. I eat healthy Now it is accompanied with awful nausea and vomiting. The nausea is constant I have vomited 20 times in 3 weeks (not pregnant) I have been to so many doctors and they are really not sure what is wrong. All of the tests have came back normal CT scan with contrast, blood work, xrays, ultrasound of gallbladder and HIDA scan. For the HIDA scan gallbladder and small bowels normal, and ef 68%

A.

Is it on your right side? Im going through the same thing right now. Its been months and have been to countless dr appointments and E>R> visits. they finally found sludge in my gall bladder and they wont do sergry to remove it becauase its not life threatening so I asked a triage nurse and she told me to drink a glass of cranberry juice everyday for a week and drink lots of water and avoid all fatty and greasy foods. eat alot of fruits and vegetables. blueberries are really good because they have antioxidanrts and antioxidants are really good for liver and gallbladder.you can also take antioxidant pills. hope this helps.

A.
i'm afraid i dont have the answer for you, just wanted to say that i have eperienced the sharp pain under my right rib cage for about 3 years now. it has been so frustrating because, like you, any and all medical tests come back clean. 

as an interesting side note, i have been eating stricter even than vegan for the past 11 days, and the pain has gotten worse. crazy right. i have been doing a 'daniel fast' which is 21 days of only fruits, vegetables, and whole grains such as quinoa and brown rice.
i wish someone knew what we are going through. 
my mother found this thing called 'baseball under the rib syndrome' but it was hard to find much information about it because the 'discoverer' or w/e you want to call him is not generally accepted by much of the medical community i guess. i still figure it is worth looking into though, since the 'medical community' hasnt been able to help me.

A.
it could be this, I had some of those symptoms such as pain below the rib cage and vomiting, i had multiple test done and then i went to the er and a doctor started at my rib cage pressing down firmly and worked his way down to my hips and it turned out that i had multiple compound stress fractures and torn it bands in both hips, the pain in my rib cage and lower back was due to inflammation, but non of my bone scans or CTs showed my stress fractures. i am not entirely sure.

A.
I also experience pain like yours can't find the reason for it as well after a lot of different scan's blood tests etc very frustating.  I have been to a gastroligist and diagnosed me with IBS have been on a FODMAPS eating plan and have found some help with the pain gluten seems to be one of the culprits together with lactose look up FODMAPS  you will find a lot of information.  It seems strange but too many fruit and vegetables can actually cause the pain?  You could give it a try.  It is like your body has an intolerance to specific foods, it's finding out what food your body has a problem with.  The severity of my pain was nine out of ten doubled up severe pain, it is hard to believe food can cause so much extreme pain.  I still have pain attacks but not nearly as often as I use to, but gluten in particular can be found in cough lollies, yogurt, ice cream  and other foods that you would never guess has gluten in them. This is only a suggestion it has helped me.