Q.

My body temp has been at 94.2-96.8 of and on for over a week. other than hypothermia what could cause this?

Im 60 lbs over weight. I have been tired and weak, almost no energy. A loss of appetite. Migraines after the low temp spells. hot and cold sweats. increase in thirst. Diabetes doesnt run in my family but its the only thing i could think that would cuase all these symptoms. When i have the low temp spells I bunndle up drink hot tea and it doesnt help after i eat i feel better but then 4-5 hours later if i havnt eaten I feel it all over again. should i go to doctor and be tested for diabetes?

A.

Is it possible that your base temperature in lower than average?  In my family my mother, my daughter and I all have a base body temperature of 96.8.  I discovered mine when I was trying to get pregnant and taking my temperature to see when I was ovulating.  If that is the case, every time you are in the ER or doctor's office you have to remind them of that.  When the themometer shows that we have a temperature of 100  it is that same as 102 in an average person.

Next Question: