Q.

I get these sharp pains almost like something is blowing up in the back of my head?

Its happens rarely like once or but when it does it really freaks me out because it happens when I'm turning my head and it feels like something inside my brain is popping/blowing up and then when I feel the back of my head with my hand its really hot.  And I've tried moving my head in the same direction again but it doesn't repeat its self, it seems as if its just really random.  Do you have any Idea what would be causing this?

Related Topics: Brain, Head, Movement, Pain

A.
Certainly this is something worth investigating. It's impossible to tell what may be causing this without a physical examination, but one possibility that comes to mind is disc degeneration in the spine.

I'd suggest you start by consulting your primary health care provider. He or she can do a physical examination and possibly take an X-ray to determine if you have arthritis in your neck vertebrae or possibly degenerative disc disease. If you do, your provider can discuss treatment options with you.

Hope this helps!