Q.

Chances of being pregnant after having unprotected sex within the 10th-12th week of being on the depo shot?

I first started getting the depo shot August of last year. I received a shot on September 5th. Within the 10th and 12th week on that shot I had unprotected sex multiple times. Then I received the shot on November 28th. Recently I have been very tired all of the time. I've been sleeping half of my day awake. Yesterday I woke up with a sharp pain in my lower abdomen that went away after a few minutes but felt severe. I know there have been many women pregnant on the depo before. 

A.
It is not possible to offer you a number -- your statistical chances of becoming pregnant. There are just too many unknown factors to consider. I can say that the Depo Provera is an excellent contraceptive, but not 100%. When you have unprotected intercourse, you are really taking a chance with just about any contraceptive method, short of sterilization (tubal ligation).

Could you be pregnant? Yes, that would be possible. You would need to see your medical provider and have a very accurate pregnancy test ordered or take a few home pregnancy tests. There can be many reasons for a woman to have sharp, lower abdominal pain, other than a pregnancy, so you would benefit from having a hands-on examination. This is really the only way to get a sure answer.

A.

Hi Google depo shot side effects, and when you've gone wow, or some other degrading word, you may come off it, it can give some women some very bad side effects.

Put it this way, I would not let my daughter go on it.