Q.

do anti psychotic pills work for anxiety

my doctor prescribed me anti psychotic pills because I am smelling a foul odor coming from my nose and mouth  I have read up on anxiety and feel 100 percent this is my problem, one of the symptoms is something about what I am experiencing   by taking these anti psychotic pills I feel horrible I don't feel I am crazy, I also suffer from acid reflux and am only treating myself with otc meds that don't work  not sure if this also could be related to the odor.   I have depression issues

A.
Usually anti psychotic drugs have serious side effects, just stop taking them (Depends of the amount of pills you take please reduce it slowly and let your doctor knows that you are planning to leave them). Considering that anxiety can be just a mild stress situation. It can be treated with alternative medicine (natural) instead. I know the odor coming from your nose and mouth can be produce by the anti-acids you probably take for your stomach. Please leave these OTC as well,  I will suggest to find out what it triggers your anxiety and to learn about your condition, might be better option and easier way to fight anxiety. If you look for professional help, get a holistic doctor. You might also get into a eating regimen, avoid foods that will upset your stomach. eg. Pizza, tomato sauce, chocolate, orange juice.Instead eat rice, oatmeal, almond milk they will sooth the lining of your tummy. Regarding your depression I am sure is associated with all of this medication pills for anxiety and anti-acid relievers  that are affecting your gut where we find our neurotransmitters, if we lack our system to produce this important chemicals we are going to feel somehow sad and tired. It is very crucial  that if you do all this changes, do it progressively and exercise at least three times a week. Remember we have to remove toxicities from our body, medications stays in your system for a long period. Be patient.