Q.

Pain in lower right side of abdamon. usually after bowel movement. Thoughts?

Related Topics: Bowel Movement, Pain

A.

pain in the lower abdomen after a bowel movement, if not severe is quite common.  You could be straining with bowel movements, and if so, you need to add a stool softener to your daily regimen. Do not take laxatives!  Just take a mild stool softener and see if it helps.  If you have regular bowel movements, and are not straining in any way to empty your bowels, you should see your physican, and if the pain is severe, you should see him with out waiting.  I would first try the stool softener and eat a diet high in fiber first, if the pain is mild and you only experience it after a bowel movement.