Health & Sex

Q.

I can't keep an erection when using a condom. If I take the condom off I regain erection. What can I do to fix this?

When having sex I'll have a healthy erection and after time my erection gets weaker when using a condom. If I take the condom off I'm able to regain a strong erection again. What is causing this, and what can I do to fix this problem.? I want to be able to please my partner as well as be safe.

A.
Try a different brand of condom. Some are thicker and less sensitive than others. Have a condom on during foreplay and get used to it. If you are losing your erection, just relax and allow your partner to help you out. It will most likely come back. They always do.....

As you may know, there is nothing physically wrong with you or your condom use. This is just psychological. With a caring and understanding partner, your sexual exploits can last longer and actually be more interesting by repeatedly getting and losing an erection. Besides, there are many more ways to please your partner than with your penis.

Don't stop using he condom (no matter what your confused brain is trying to tell you). Safe sexual practices are absolutely essential. Do not compromise.

Post Your AnswerCancel

While writing your answer, you may find these tips helpful:

• Please try to keep your answer short and to the point. Be sure the answer is specific to the question asked.
  • To help protect your privacy, you should never submit any question or answer that includes personal information such as a name, phone number, email address, or mailing address.
  • Have a reference? Please include it to support your answer.

Today on WebMD

couple not communicating
How to tell when you're in one.
couple face to face
Get your love life back on track.

couple having an argument
Turn spats into solutions
couple in argument
When to call it quits.

Life Cycle of a Penis
Article
HIV Myth Facts
Slideshow

How Healthy is Your Sex Life
Quiz
Couple in bed
Video

6 Tips For Teens
Article
Close-up of young man
Article

screening tests for men
Slideshow
HPV Vaccine Future
Article

Important: The opinions expressed in WebMD User-generated content areas like communities, reviews, ratings, blogs, or WebMD Answers are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of WebMD. User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a WebMD physician or any member of the WebMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. Some of these opinions may contain information about treatments or uses of drug products that have not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. WebMD does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider WebMD User-generated content as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on WebMD. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified health care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or dial 911 immediately.

URAC: Accredited Health Web Site TRUSTe online privacy certification HONcode Seal AdChoices