Q.

what is a good otc hormone treatment therapy?

Related Topics: Hormone

A.
Well, the first thing you need to know is that real hormones (estrogen, testosterone, thyroid, and all the many others) are a controlled substance that can only be obtained by prescription.

I'm going to assume you're talking about female hormone replacement. You can't get that over-the-counter. What you can get are preparations that claim to relieve the symptoms of menopause. These over-the-counter hormone replacement alternative remedies may or may not be effective at relieving your symptoms. Some women swear by them, while others don't get much relief. Assuming you're not allergic to any medications or supplements, you certainly can try one of those products to see if it helps relieve your symptoms.

If you want real female hormone replacement therapy (HRT), you'll have to talk with your health care provider. He or she can explain the risks and benefits of HRT and help you get on an appropriate dose of the medication.

Hope this helps!