Q.

Is possible for some people have higher than normal blood pressure with no side effects, mine stays 165/90 with med.

I was diagonized with hypertension and was send  to emergency because whatever MD tried my BP wouldn't go to normal level.  The emergency dept. also failed and told me to take the medication the doctor prescribed and probably it will come down by itself.  My BP remains at 165/95 and my hands and feet are cold all the time and I am  frequently sleepy.  Before the medication I showed no symptoms even though my BP was 200/140 when I went to the doctor. Visit to the doctor was for another reason.

A.
A BP of 165/95 is still too high and it puts you at risk. While some people can tolerate higher pressures than others, that does not make it acceptable. It is definitely better than 200/140, though.

Lowering blood pressure can be done many ways using many different types of medications and combinations. The goal for any clinician would be to use the least amount of medication with little or no adverse effects to control the pressure into NORMAL range. It would be great to have the top number (your systolic pressure) below 138, and that bottom number (the diastolic pressure) below 88.

Yes, some BP meds can make you tired/sleepy, or even contribute to your cold hands/feet, so try to work with your doctor until you can find the right combination.

Hopefully, you have a blood pressure machine at home and are taking your own BPs on a regular basis.