Q.

my eGFR is 50 what is eGFR and what is a good number for eGFR

WebMD
A.

eGFR is an estimate, a test to check your kidney function and is done when a doctor thinks you have or are at risk for kidney problems.  

It combines a few pieces of information including age, blood tests, and your sex, to determine how well your kidney function at filtering  waste products.

The work our kidneys do is truly astonishing when you recognize that they filter about 200 quarts of blood a day to product nearly 2 quarts of urine--- which is the byproduct of that filtration.  When our kidneys fail,  toxins remain in our blood.

A GFR test is a way to determine how well these organs function.