Q.

Can fibromyalgia effect your eyes?

I also take Lrica,  I am blind in one eye and my doctor says that the fibromyalgia could be effecting my good eye.  I s this possible? and what will Happen?

Related Topics: Fibromyalgia, Blindness, Eyes

A.
1merrybee is correct.  Blurred vision was recently added to the list of side effects for Lyrica.  It started to affect my vision, slightly, about 6 months after I started on it.  Luckily, it barely affects me so I'm OK with it.  However, if it isn't working with you, you may want to ask if Cymbalta (another drug approved for the treatment of FMS) doesn't have similar side effects.

A.

You might want to read the big folded paper that comes with Lyrica.  Vision problems are a side effect of this medication and one of the reasons I chose not to take it.  When the possible side effects start more complications it is difficult to take the risk.