Health & Sex

Q.

Im 19, my penis is under 5inch when erect. Is this normal? HELP i'm scared to have sexual intercourse.

Related Topics: Sexual Intercourse, Penis, Fear

A.
I'm sorry to hear you're feeling anxious about your penis size and how it might affect your sexual performance. And I want to assure you your feelings are perfectly normal.

I think all men go through a period of insecurity regarding their penis size. Society puts a lot of emphasis on this particular aspect of "masculinity," after all.

I hasten to assure you that your penis probably is perfectly normal in size. But your best bet to completely set your mind at ease about the situation is to make an appointment with a urologist. He or she can examine you and tell you if everything's OK.

Also, you may be surprised to learn that, medically speaking, penis size isn't measured based on the erect organ. Rather, penis size is measured by "stretched penis length." The article I linked above will give you a lot of information about average penis length, how to measure your penis, and when to see a doctor.

I hope this helps set your mind at ease!

A.
Don't worry about it. The average penis in america is 6 inches. I to am not well endowed, but, my Wife LOVE mine. She says it is just right and doesn't hurt her. You are probably going by the magazines and movies. Trust me they ARE NOT normal sized. We are created individually and when you find Mrs. right she won't care. 

A.

There are excersizes that will enlarge thickness and length. They do work. It is a slow process, but it can be done. Also, some of the enlargement drugs that is on the market do enlarge by increasing the blood flow and amount that the penis will tolerate.  Again, its a slow process but it is possible. There are also excersizes to allow you to last for very long time before you climax, that really turns your mate on. Also, with time you will learn to satisify the woman and not yourself. If you strive to satisify your mate she will hold on for life and do the same for you.. If you are lucky enough to find a virgin to marry someday, God will match you perfectly.

Post Your AnswerCancel

While writing your answer, you may find these tips helpful:

• Please try to keep your answer short and to the point. Be sure the answer is specific to the question asked.
  • To help protect your privacy, you should never submit any question or answer that includes personal information such as a name, phone number, email address, or mailing address.
  • Have a reference? Please include it to support your answer.

Today on WebMD

couple not communicating
How to tell when you're in one.
couple face to face
Get your love life back on track.

couple having an argument
Turn spats into solutions
couple in argument
When to call it quits.

Life Cycle of a Penis
Article
HIV Myth Facts
Slideshow

How Healthy is Your Sex Life
Quiz
Couple in bed
Video

6 Tips For Teens
Article
Close-up of young man
Article

screening tests for men
Slideshow
HPV Vaccine Future
Article

Important: The opinions expressed in WebMD User-generated content areas like communities, reviews, ratings, blogs, or WebMD Answers are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of WebMD. User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a WebMD physician or any member of the WebMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. Some of these opinions may contain information about treatments or uses of drug products that have not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. WebMD does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider WebMD User-generated content as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on WebMD. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified health care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or dial 911 immediately.

URAC: Accredited Health Web Site TRUSTe online privacy certification HONcode Seal AdChoices