Health & Sex

Q.

I am unable to manitain an erection for long. it just goes a way in the middle of sex without warning.

I don't exactly have a problem getting an erection. the problem is that i cant maintain it for long and i cant get another one after wards. Sometimes i can maintain it longer then other times but never for long and never to finish. Sometimes when i do maintain one for longer then other times and feel am about to finish, it goes away with out warning.
Most times i just stop and give up or have to bring myself to almost finish . It's very frustrating for me and my wife.
Related Topics: Sexual Intercourse, Erection

A.

You are experiencing a condition called Erectile Dysfunction (ED). There are many excellent medciations to rectify this problem. Because this issue is new to you and there can be some underlying medical reasons, it would be wise to see your medical provider or a urologist for a examination. Besides, ED meds are by prescription, so you will need to get one.

If medications are not what you want, there are other erectile aids that can be used, so please talk to your medical provider. Both you and your wife will be pleased.

A.

My husband had this issue, and as a woman I thought it was something I was doing or me in general. He had been under alot of stress we spoke with a Dr. about it matter of fact a couple Drs. and they all said that stress could lead to holding or getting an errection.

He switched jobs and to be honest everything got ALOT better...lol

I hope this helps.

Post Your AnswerCancel

While writing your answer, you may find these tips helpful:

• Please try to keep your answer short and to the point. Be sure the answer is specific to the question asked.
  • To help protect your privacy, you should never submit any question or answer that includes personal information such as a name, phone number, email address, or mailing address.
  • Have a reference? Please include it to support your answer.

Today on WebMD

flowers behind back
Article
Upset woman sitting on bed
Article

couple kissing
Article
Exercises for Better Sex
Video

Life Cycle of a Penis
Article
HIV Myth Facts
Slideshow

How Healthy is Your Sex Life
Quiz
Couple in bed
Video

6 Tips For Teens
Article
Close-up of young man
Article

screening tests for men
Slideshow
HPV Vaccine Future
Article

Important: The opinions expressed in WebMD User-generated content areas like communities, reviews, ratings, blogs, or WebMD Answers are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of WebMD. User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a WebMD physician or any member of the WebMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. Some of these opinions may contain information about treatments or uses of drug products that have not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. WebMD does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider WebMD User-generated content as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on WebMD. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified health care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or dial 911 immediately.

URAC: Accredited Health Web Site HonCode: Health on the Net Foundation AdChoices