I'm having similar if not exactly the same symptoms.
- Small (typically like an inch to 3 inches) red area appears on my skin.
- It's really itchy
- It disappears in a couple minutes
- It appears randomly (arm, leg, back, chest, head)
- Sometimes it's in multiple locations at once (but not too many 1 to 3)
I've Google'd the heck out of this and find nothing that matches exactly. I keep finding threads like this where someone has these symptoms but then you never get a real answer. Hopefully the people posting these problems are ok and have found a solution. I know many people would be grateful if you returned to these forums and posted what you've discovered.
I've had this for about 2 weeks. And this week was extremely bad. Super itchy, can't sleep, can't concentrate, can't find answers. It's rough.
I did find 2 odd things that have helped.
1) Hydrogen Peroxide. It makes no sense. But 2 days ago my back was itchy. I tried to ignore it but eventually my entire back was red, felt like sunburn and bee stings. I was really hurting (it was like all these little symptoms culminated into a massive inflammation on my back). I didn't know what to do. I went to the bathroom and just poured some hydrogen peroxide down my back and it almost immediately made it feel better. It also made the red go away in the spots where it poured over. So, I have no idea why that worked but it did. But note: be careful w Hydrogen Peroxide. Don't leave it on your skin for too long. Read the label. Also, I don't really recommend this as a solution - it's just odd that it had this effect. Maybe it's a clue.
2) Aquaphor. This is the stuff. It's saving my life right now. I put that on and I'm better. Like healed. No itching. No red spots. It's magic. But it's not solving the underlying cause (which remains unknown). And if I don't use Aquaphor it comes back.
Also, today I had an appointment w a dermatologist. I was so hopeful to finally talk to a professional. But he was just mean and belittling. I almost walked out of the office on him. I should have looking back on it. But I wanted help so bad.
Because I had used the aquaphor the night before, and because these symtoms come and go, he couldn't see anything much and didn't want to help me. He said I had nothing he could diagnose. I showed him pictures I had on my phone. And he said it looks like I scratched those areas. I started to have an itch on my wrist during the appointment and I showed him and he said it wasn't red enough to diagnose. He suggested it was psychosomatic. It's not. I'm not even the type of person that likes going to the doctor. I usually wait until I end up forced to the ER. I'll ignore any ignorable symptom I can. I'm that guy. So this isn't a case of something in my head. Plus I have pictures! Anyway, enough about the crappy dermatologist.
If anyone knows what this is please reply. If I find out I will come back here and let everyone know. This is "condition" or whatever it is is making life really really hard to cope with. Also, I'm looking for a better doctor.
The opinions expressed here are solely those of the User.The opinions expressed here are solely those of the User.
User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a WebMD physician. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice. Please see the bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.
Thanks for your feedback.
19 of 22 found this helpful