My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Ask Your Question

WebMD Answers

120 Characters remaining
120 Characters remaining
  • First, try and keep your question as short as possible.
  • Include specific words that will help us identify questions that may already have your answer.
  • If you don't find your answer, you can post your question to WebMD Experts and Contributors.


Posted: | Report This Report Question |

My husband has a moderate case of sudden vertigo. What can I do 2 help him feel better? Laying down=ok, standing up isnt

Related Topics: Vertigo

Answers From Experts & Organizations (1)

Primary Care
6,467 Answers
73,514 Helpful Votes
There can be MANY causes -- hundreds in fact, including inner ear problems to heart, circulation, blood pressure, chemical imbalances and brain anomalies Since I do not know anything about your husband, his age, his medical history, medications, etc., it would be important for you to get him in to see his medical provider as soon as possible so he can be properly examined.

Support him on the way out the car so he will not fall. Have a "barf bag" available, since vertigo can cause nausea and vomiting. Needless to say, don't let him drive. If he is unwilling to go (men are stubborn), you will need to convince him.

This answer should not be considered medical advice...down arrowThis answer should not be considered medical advice and should not take the place of a doctor’s visit. Please see the bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.up arrow

| Report This Report Answer

Was this helpful?


Thanks for your feedback.

19 of 23 found this helpful