Q.

why does it take so long for your body to detox off of methadone?

I am on methadone maintenance. My dose has been around 60 to 70 milligrams for the last three years. Opiates take only about ten days to detox from why does methadone withdrawl last so long. I cannot seem to find an answer to this question anywhere.

Related Topics: Methadone

A.
Methadone is a chemical that builds up in your body the longer you take it. Depending on how long you have been on it, will determine how long it takes to expell from your body. My suggestion is to do a colon cleanse. This will help get it out of your body. I am not a medical doctor, but my ex went through it and I helped him.

A.
it has a extremely long half life and the clinic is always trying to up your dose i told them i was falling asleep and they uped my dose.  i went down a mg a day till i hit 30mgs then had to wait five days and started suboxone taper which wasnt as bad just sneezed alot.  wish i quit heroin cold turkey could have saved alot of time and the drawn out detox was annoying but i didnt think i could stop but that situation sucked so bad i never really had the urge to do opiates again i took a oxy 80 once and just felt weird didnt trigger anything.

A.

Gargling with warm salt water will help the pain and it greatly speeds up the healing process. Gargle 5 or 6 times a day, especially after eating to remove any food particles from the sore. Make sure water is salty enough and that you do it often enough. Also avoid citrus fruits and tomatoes, anything acidic. You can also apply Orajel to the sore for the pain.