Q.

Had sex with my fiance last night.. After we finished, I noticed he had a tick on his penis.

My fiance and I went on a hike on a Pennsylvania trail 2 days ago. We had sex last night.. After we finished, I noticed he had a tick on his penis. We removed it and went to sleep. This morning, there seems to be a bump where the tick was. Are we both at risk of getting lime disease?

Related Topics: Sexual Intercourse, Tick, Penis, Lime, Hike

A.

The risk of Lyme disease would depend on the TYPE of tick (tiny deer ticks are the usual culprit, not dog or wood ticks), and if you live in an area that has a lot of Lyme cases. If you had saved the tick, the local health department may be able to check it for you.  Since I suspect you did not, I would suggest that you all your local health department (I don't know where you live) for some better local advice, or have your fiance call his medical provider. You really do not enough information at this time to determine individual risk.

A.
I found a tick on my penis back in the summer. How it got there, I have no clue. Anyway, I removed it and a small bump remained. I suspect it was the tick's head, still imbedded in my skin, and the bump was my body slowly absorbing it. Yes, it's disgusting and frightening to think of a parasite attaching itself to my genitals, but ultimately the bump went away in about a week or so, with no lasting effects. No Lyme disease. You're probably OK, but you could always go to the doctor for advice, just so he or she can inform you about what symptoms of Lyme disease to look for.