Q.

i think im having a outbreak of shingles on my head what can i do to stop the feeling i need to pull my hair out?

i have had shingles befor when i was 27 im now 33 and believe im have another outbreak in the same area on my neck as b4 but now its up in my hair as well, only on 1 side i cant seem to stop pulling my hair out to relieve the tingling pain,its at the point of bold spots. the other side of my head feels just fine. Help what shoild i do?

Related Topics: Shingles, Hair, Head, Neck, Pain

A.
Sorry you're going through this misery!

First, let's not jump to the conclusion this is shingles, though it certainly sounds like it could be. I'd suggest you see a medical professional for an accurate diagnosis. As you know, if it is shingles you may be able to take a prescription medication to help with the pain.

If it's not shingles, your health care provider may be able to provide you with treatment for whatever it actually is.

Try to refrain from pulling your hair out, as this can cause permanent loss of hair in those areas.

Also remember shingles in the blister stage is contagious and can cause someone who's never had chickenpox to come down with the illness. To help avoid this, make sure you're washing your hands thoroughly and often. Also do not share any combs, brushes, or other personal hygiene implements.

I hope you get a diagnosis quickly!