Q.

Is it normal to be scared to have sex?

Related Topics: Fear

A.
I really do not have enough information to answer that question specifically for you.

If you are a virgin and have never had sex, then yes, it would be normal to be scared, for many reasons. You may have a fear of an unintended pregnancy, an STD, or just afraid of the sexual act itself, since you have never experienced it before. If you are new to a relationship and are being pressured to have sex, remember that YOU ARE IN CHARGE. You do not have to have sex until you are ready.

I don't know if you are a male or female, but if you have ever been sexually-molested in the past, the idea of having sexual intimacy could be frightening.

If you have been sexually involved in the past without problems and are now having issues, it may take a few visits to a counselor to uncover any hidden reasons for your fears.