Q.

What is the life expectancy of a person in renal failure without dialysis?

Related Topics: Dialysis

A.
I have survived 4 years without dialysis while being at end stage renal failure. I have been told that without dialysis and being on the list that my option would be hospice and pain medication. Depending on certain factors it could be between days and weeks. I have told everyone involved with my upcoming transplant that if I have to have it done then we are doing it home and through my stomach due to the fact that I have a huge fear of needles (phobia) and they almost have to sedate me just to take my blood monthly. There is so much to consider and its not a decision to be taken lightly and I can say that dialysis alone is frightening enough of a thought before you even consider the transplant from a donor living or dead.

A.

my father n law was diagnosed with kidney failure he is late stage 4 and early stage 5 they are telling him that dialyis and a transplant wont help him because he has lung cancer and prostate cancer and cirrohos of the liver my question is how long does a person with all the stuff wrong with him survive and what should we expect and how can we help him