Q.

If you have unprotected sex on Nov 3 is it possible to tell with a home test that you are pregnant on the 18th?

Related Topics: Pregnancy

A.
The answer to this question lies in your individual menstrual cycle. Depending on the brand (you need to read the box), you can take a home pregnancy test as early as a day after you miss your period. Some tests claim you can test 3 to 4 days before you miss your period, but testing too soon can give you a false negative result. It may be better to wait the few extra days to see if you miss your period, and then test.

For best results, I suggest taking the test first thing in the morning, when your urine is most concentrated. Home pregnancy tests measure the level of human Chorionic Gonadatropin (hCG) in your urine. This hormone is produced in great quantities beginning shortly after fertilization of an egg occurs. By taking the pregnancy test first thing in the morning, you ensure any hCG in your urine is very concentrated and easy for the test to detect.

So, step one: Wait until you miss your period. Step two: home pregnancy test.

Hope this helps!

A.

i had an accurate positive home test 2 weeks after conception with my 2nd child so yes it is possible...if it comes back positive best thing to do is go to the doctor and get it confirmed...thats what i did