Q.

how to soften internal scar tissue

I had a transflap surgery due to mastectomy and have harden tissue around an opened wound in my abdomen.  How can I soften it?

Related Topics: Scar, Wound, Surgery, Mastectomy

A.
Sorry you had breast cancer. I like the TRAM flap approach. It's a great reconstructive method, in my opinion.

I'm a little confused because you state you have an open wound in your abdomen. This is a not-uncommon complication of TRAM flap surgery. If the wound is still healing, I would suggest you consult your surgeon about this hardened tissue. It could be many other things besides scar tissue.

Until all of your wounds have healed completely, you probably shouldn't take any action toward scar reduction. That can wait until you're all healed up.

I wish you all the best!

Next Question: