Q.

How much Almond Milk do I have to drink to get 1500 units of Calcium daily?

Related Topics: Drinking, Calcium, Almond, Milk

A.
Great question!

Many people are turning to cow's milk alternatives for the taste and to address lactose intolerance.

Almond milk does not naturally contain much calcium, so most manufacturers fortify the beverage with this mineral. You'll need to check the label to see how much calcium is contained in one serving (usually an 8-oz glass). If you're aiming for 1500mg of calcium per day, simply divide that number by the amount of calcium in your chosen product to get the number of glasses you'd need to drink.

For example, if each serving of your brand of almond milk contains 450mg of calcium, then 1500 divided by 450 = 3.33 glasses daily.

Hope this helps!