Q.

recurring bartholin gland cyst/abcess, please help!!! is there anyway to stop these?

my first one started 8 years ago when i was pregnant with my sonthe doctor lanced and drained it.since june of this year it has been coming back, this is the 5th one since june,i have one currently and i am 4 months pregnant, i had one in june,after 4 agonizing days it tore and drained,1 in september that had done the same,2 in october,the first 1 in october i had surgery for lancing and draining again and the second 1 came about 2 weeks after and now this is my second 1 in november.please help

Related Topics: Cyst, Pregnancy, Surgery, Drainage

A.

Lancing and draining those cysts are only temporary treatments. You will most likely need to see a GYN surgeon for a marsupilization procedure where the entire sac of this troublesome gland is completely removed. Once removed, it will not come back....ever.