Q.

In 5 months I may have gastric bypass but I want a child more. I dont want to wait 1.5 yrs 2try, but would it be better?

Im just a few months away from scheduling gastric bypass but Ive realized a child is more important to me. My bmi is 44, Im 25 yrs old and married, have always had irregular periods, GERD, chronic back pain, obesity. We do not want to wait almost 2 yrs before trying to conceive, but would have to if i have surgery. I start clomid tmrw to increase ovulation, does pregnancy often happen after the first dose? Or would I be better off have gastric bypass and waiting the 1.5-2 yrs?

A.

Hello, I happen to see your question and just wanted to input on it. I have a family member who had gastric bypass and it seemed maybe a year later she was back to having heartburn. So I'd say if it interfers with having children then go for the baby! Hope this helps and good luck!