Q.

What does it mean when my breast is leaking? I have had a hysterectomy 6 years ago.. can someone help me out?

Related Topics: Breast, Hysterectomy

A.
I had a similar issue. No hysterectomy, but no reason to be leaking either. (never had kids, not pregnant). I did some research and found that any sort of leakage without force, i.e squeezing or pulling on the nipple, was cause for concern. Especially when it is coming from just one side. Mine came from both at different times. Also, the color of the liquid is an important factor. a milky or clear liquid is of less concern than green or blood. I found that many women with high prolactin levels had that as a symptom and can be cause by birth control or a small non cancerous tumor that is treated with medication. I went to the doctor and sure enough my prolactin was high...this is an ongoing story since I have my first endocrinologist appointment next week, but at least I know why. I finally did something about it when my breasts became sore and sensitive for no reason. Go see an obgyn or an internist. Even if you don't have insurance (I didn't...I do now) it's worth the $200 or so dollars. FYI...mine also came with weight gain without being able to lose it...so the sooner the better! No woman wants that.