Q.

i am having suicidal thoughts and losing all interest in all parts of my life. where do i go? psychologist or doctor??

i have a daughter and am having trouble taking care of her like i usually do. im failing in school and dont want to do anything but sleep and cry. i took the test to find out if i am suffering from depression and it gave me a suicide hotline number, but i cant call. i dont let anyone around me watch me cry

Related Topics: Depression, Suicide, Crying

A.
Please set aside your concerns and, for the benefit of your daughter, call a crisis hotline or visit CrisisChat.org for a confidential, online and free session with a professional who can help you get the help you need. You can do this in the privacy of your own home or room and do not need to let anyone else see you cry.

Like you, I feel very uncomfortable allowing anyone else to see me cry or express too much emotion. I want you to consider that it may be better to let someone see you cry than to abandon your daughter by committing suicide or avoiding getting the help you need.

Right now, your daughter isn't getting 100% of you, and I'll bet you'd agree she deserves 100% of you. Please get the help you need to be there for your daughter, to care for her at the highest level, and to make your own life better.

You may also call 1-866-HELP-1-NM for assistance.

Do it for your daughter. Do it for yourself. You deserve help. You can be helped.

Sending you all my best wishes.

A.
I forgot to add: You can see your primary care provider, a psychologist, or any kind of psychological therapist. I'd recommend you seek out a psychotherapist. Whatever your insurance covers.

Make that call today. Please.

A.

I have just recovered from seven months of suicidal depression so I can agree entirely with what nurse Hanes has said.

Please be careful of going to family practitioners or emergency room doctors since they usually do not have the specific knowledge on how to treat you & often can make your situation worse. A qualified specialist will, to the best of their ability, do everything they can to make your life more manageable & that will help both you and your daughter.