Q.

how long does med stay in urine. hydrocodone, and oxycodone

Related Topics: Oxycodone, Hydrocodone

A.

Hydrocodone and other opiates will metabolize quite fast. It can be detected in the urine or blood for a day; even two days, depending on your dosage or if you are a habitual user or not. If the drug detection lab is using some ultra-sensitive tests, I really couldn't be sure how long they could find it. Those tests are getting better and better all of the time. I do know that the hair (yes, hair) is an excellent recorder of opiate use. Hydrocodone can be detected in the hair for months.

If you are a legitimate user of these drugs and they were prescribed to you for a true, medical reason, it should be openly disclosed. If you are using these powerful drugs for recreational purposes, or got them illegally, then worrying about detection on a random drug screen may not your biggest problem.