Q.

Is there a cure for red scrotum syndrome

It is like a permanent case of jock itch. Powders & itch creams only last a day or two

A.
I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Red Scrotum Syndrome (RSS) is a rare problem that mainly afflicts men in the second half of life.

Last year, the Journal of Dermatological Case Reports published a paper about how to treat RSS using either doxycycline (an antibiotic) or gabapentin (a pain reliever). You probably won't find an over-the-counter treatment that's effective for RSS.

I suggest you search for a dermatologist in your area who has experience treating this syndrome. You may want to point him or her to the case study published in the journal mentioned above. Because RSS is rare, you may have to make several phone calls before finding a dermatologist with experience in treating RSS.

Don't feel embarrassed seeking out treatment for this. You deserve some relief from this often-painful condition.

Wishing you all the best!