Q.

Have high blood pressure. Often times over 210/110. I take Medication with little help. Should I be checking it at home?

I take my blood pressure a couple times a week, or after having problem with getting dizzy or extreme sweating, also more often if changing medications. My doctor say's I check it to often and should just not check it. Not sure!

A.
Your blood pressure is not in control, as you know. Taking your blood pressure readings every day, at least twice, would provider your doctor with helpful information since it appears that you will need an adjustment in your medication regime. Adjusting medications is very common, so this is done in most people.
In addition to taking your blood pressures at home, make sure to reduce your salt intake, and (if you are overweight), try to reduce your weight. By achieving an ideal weight and walking more (exercise), this will greatly improve the effectiveness of your blood pressure management.

A.

Absolutely...I take meds for RA, which raise my BP, along with BP meds, which make it important to check my BP daily. If it gets too high, I contact my doctor to discuss other options, including different types of excersise. Furthermore, I also check my pulse rate at the same time, to be sure it does not go too high.