Q.

I currently take suboxone but I am having oral surgery can I take vicodin or percocet also?

Related Topics: Surgery

A.
listen,  having surgery then taking your pain medication when needed is alright. i advise you to stop the suboxone. another option is to take the suboxone instead of anything else, it will help with the pain. as well, if your taking for another reason to, it will continue to do its job.  

A.
No,No,NO!  Suboxone is not strong enough for surgery!!!! Believe me I know!  You must talk to your doctor about going of Suboxone about two weeks prior to your surgery, get use to a mild opiate because baby let me tell to you something; " I freaked out when I woke up in the recovery room after my surgery.  They had to put me on a morphine pump for two day before I could settle for "I think it was percepts" for 4 weeks later.  It is not that doctors or Surjans are stupid, but they do not realize that your tolerance level has increased for an opiate based drug for a long time.  Also be friendly and curtious to the doctor and staff.  I agreed to have students watch my surgery, so it made it eazer to talk to a multitude of people about my situation when I was in extreme pain!

Good Luck, and Let God's Grace and Peace be a pond you
Zion lo

For_My_Friends_In_Need_777@gmx.com