Q.

What does a low red blood cell count mean, and what exactly is considered "low"?

I had a CBC done at my GP, and I have previously been diagnosed with Anemia.  They said my red blood cell count was a little low, so I may want to do an iron supplement.  But they didn't go into any more detail. What is considered "low"?  Is there anything nutritionally that I could do to get this back to normal so I don't feel so tired and cold all of the time (I am currently taking 3-a-day wholefood vitamins)?

A.
I found this really cool chart that shows you what's typical:

I have been anemic in the past and I ate a lot of dark green leafy vegetables like collard greens and spinach. Also red meat (if you are not a vegetarian).

I also found this article that has tons more info on anemia. Hope this helps!