Q.

Is 99.5 a normal temperature for a woman?

I'm afraid I mayhave a high temperature; I am also very tired and my stomach is kind of upset.  Do I have the flu or what?

Related Topics: Flu, Stomach, Temperature

A.

A 99.5 temperature is normal for anyone. The average temperature is 98.6 so this is just a one degree variation that doesn't mean you have a fever. Temperatures also vary by time of day (lower in the morning; higher in the late afternoon); by as much as two degrees.

If you are also tired and have an upset stomach, you may be coming down with an illness; but not likely influenza. Influenza is a respiratory disorder more associated with harsh coughing, body aches, headaches, and a high fever.