My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Ask Your Question

WebMD Answers

120 Characters remaining
120 Characters remaining
  • First, try and keep your question as short as possible.
  • Include specific words that will help us identify questions that may already have your answer.
  • If you don't find your answer, you can post your question to WebMD Experts and Contributors.


Posted: | Report This Report Question |

i have a very large abscess in my vaginal area. should i go to the hospital?

have already poked it with needle. pus and blood was draining from it. 

Related Topics: Abscess, Vagina

Answers From Experts & Organizations (1)

Primary Care
6,467 Answers
73,307 Helpful Votes

Yes, it appears that would be the best course of action. An abscess may require an immediate drainage (more than just a needle), packing or a wick inserted, and an appropriate course of antibiotics.

This answer should not be considered medical advice...down arrowThis answer should not be considered medical advice and should not take the place of a doctor’s visit. Please see the bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.up arrow

| Report This Report Answer

Was this helpful?


Thanks for your feedback.

9 of 12 found this helpful