Q.

Diagnosed with Celiac and told I have the start of crohns.

I was told I have Celiac Disease a couple years ago. I was put on a gluten free diet, my symptoms were not as bad. I then was told I have the start of Crohns. No treatments was established. On a gluten free diet my symptoms gradually returned. Its now been a couple years and slowly my symptoms have all returned. The past two weeks have been the worse in a long time. Any ideas on what I should do next?

Related Topics: Celiac Disease, Diet

A.

Are you taking probiotics to replace lost good bacteria in the digestive track? Are you sure that you are not getting any wheat or gluten in vitamins, supplements, or even skin care products. You also have to be careful with condements and soups. Hopefully you are following the golden rule of "If it doesn't make the claim on the label to be gluten free" you can't trust it.

A.
I would go to a gastroenterologist and see what your next steps should be. I do know that you shouldn't wait because it might get harder to treat, the longer you wait.

Good luck.