how long does it take medication to enter your blood stream

how does it take a oxycodone 30 to enter your blood stream.

Related Topics: Oxycodone

The general answer to your question is: It depends on the medication.

Every drug works differently. I think what you're referring to is the "peak concentration" point, sometimes called the point of "peak effectiveness." That's the point in time at which a medication is most concentrated in your bloodstream.

In the case of oxycodone, the medication is released almost immediately after you take it. It reaches peak effectiveness within a couple of hours and then gradually tapers off over the course of about 24 hours.

Always follow the dosing instructions on any bottle of narcotics like oxycodone. If you take too much oxycodone, you can stop breathing. Obviously, that's bad.

If you have any questions about your prescription medications, you can always call a pharmacist. Many pharmacies are open 24 hours a day, and a pharmacist will be happy to answer any questions you have about how to take your medications.

Hope this helps!