Q.

I am getting dizzy many times a day for the past two weeks now... Whats going on?

Related Topics: Dizziness

A.
I'm sorry to hear this. Frequent dizziness is more than an annoyance. It can cause you to fall and be injured.

Unfortunately, the cause of your dizziness can only be determined with a physical exam and perhaps some additional testing. I'd recommend you make an appointment with your primary care provider (PCP) for an evaluation.

Meanwhile, you can try drinking plenty of water to see if the dizziness is being caused by mild dehydration. Please do not drink large quantities of water all at once, as this can cause other problems. Just increase your daily water intake to make sure you're getting 8-10 glasses a day and see if that helps.

Also, when you feel a dizzy spell coming on, try to sit down immediately even if it means sitting right down on the floor or ground. It's much better to sit down and perhaps look a bit silly than to fall and break a bone.

I wish you all the best!