Q.

I get tiny, itchy bumps on my fingers occasionally.

This happens maybe once a month, with no particular events or foods that I can tell are aggravating it.

Related Topics: Finger, Food

Best Answer 
A.
Most Helpful Answer

One possibility (of many) would be dyshydrosis or dyshydrotic eczema. This common skin condition can cause itchy, clear blisters to form on your fingers, often between them or in the web space. This condition, assuming it is what you have, is treated by topical steroids (hydrocortisone) and avoiding overly exposing your hands to water (dishes, frequent hand-washing, etc.).

As you know, without the ability to physically SEE these little bumps, that this is just a blind guess.

A.
This has happened to me twice now.  For me the bumps were on the knuckle joint of my fingers and were almost in the same place on each finger.  The first time I went to an herbal store and the lady guessed (correctly) that I had eaten sushi in the past week.  She said they are parasites often from sushi and gave me oil of oregano and told me to put two drops under my tongue once a day for two weeks.  It worked.  The last time it happend was a couple weeks ago.  Because I couldn't find anything pointing me to parasites (even though I knew that was the cause...and again had eaten sushi the week before), I decided to try to get the word out there.  I created http://fingerbumps.com where I posted daily pictures of my progress using Oil of Oregano.  It only took 6 days this time for them to be fully gone.  Check out the site and see if the pictures of the bumps on day 1 look like what you have.  If so try the Oil of Oregano.  I go to doctors when I need to but I do like to use herbal remedies (or at least try them first) when possible.  But that's just me.  Hope this helps someone.

A.
I followed the advice of ParisJ13.  The oil of oregano worked like magic!  I put a few drops in water and drank it and massaged it into my hands and went to sleep.  When I woke up, the water blisters were almost completely gone.  I'll follow this routine until they're gone.  Thank you for the advice :)