Q.

I have severe abdomenal pain. I get stomach spams whenever I eat or drink anything. I'm nauseous all the time.

• morning nausea (not pregnant or hungover) 
  • severe stomach spasms when I eat or drink anything (even water makes me nauseous)
  • very tired, to the point I'm light headed and get a severe migraine
  • sharp pains from my lower abdomen

Basically anything I eat or drink gives me nausea and a severe spasm. 

I've been tested for caeliac and have had many blood tests and urine tests done. 

Please help. 

A.
I'm sorry to hear you're going through this. It sounds miserable and worrisome.

I want to emphasize your need to stay hydrated, even if drinking water gives you nausea. Maybe try drinking water at different temperatures to see if one is more palatable than another. Or see if there's a vitamin water, flavored water, or type of sports drink you can tolerate.

Despite the fact you've been tested for celiac and other conditions in the past, my advice to you is to keep pursuing a cause for your symptoms. Some conditions take a long time to be diagnosed, such as gastroparesis. Sometimes, tests need to be repeated periodically and the results compared in order to reach a diagnosis. It's OK to be very pro-active with your health care providers in pushing for additional testing or repeated tests (depending on how much time has elapsed) in order to get a diagnosis.

I'd suggest keeping copies of all your lab results and imaging films. Usually, these can be provided to you on CDs for easy storage. You'll want to keep these for new doctors you may consult and for comparison of test results over time.

I wish I had some magic suggestion to offer you, in terms of a diagnosis, but that's not the case. Like I said, hang in there and don't give up just because you've had a few tests done. Keep going back to your provider(s) to let them know you still have symptoms.

I wish you all the best!