Q.

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HIGH FOR GESTATIONAL DIABETIES IN PREGNANT WOMEN AND WHATS LOW NUMBER AND HIGH NUMBER IN IT

I'M PREGNANT I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS HIGH AND LOW FOR GEASTATIONAL DIABETES IN WOMEN I TOOK MY TEST THIS MORNING FROM LASTNITE HAVENT EATING IT WAS112 WAS THAT HIGH I'M NEW AT THIS PLEASE HELP ME

A.

Before eating, target blood sugars for gestational diabetes is below 105 for plasma and 95 for whole blood.  Two hours after eating, plasma levels should be below 130 and whole blood 120.  Most meters measure plasma, and if that is the case your level would be a bit high.  It's vital for you to work closely with your healthcare provider on appropriate blood sugars and what/when to be eating. Writing down what you eat, what your levels are and reviewing it with a diabetes educator, is important. For more guidance on gestational diabetes, see this helpful WebMD article.