Q.

why am i having lower pain on the left side of my stomach

i have been having pains since yesterday it just in the front left of my stomach.....it just a sharp pain i have trouble bending over and leaning it shoots pain...i just want to know what is causing my pain.....thank you

Related Topics: Stomach, Pain

A.
I'm sorry to hear you're going through this. Pain certainly is never fun!

Unfortunately, it's impossible to say what's causing this pain. Diagnosing this requires a physical examination and possibly other testing. Several conditions could cause the pain you're describing, including simple constipation.

Specifically, if you're over age 50 and have ever smoked and if you would describe the pain as a "tearing" sensation, I would not delay getting this checked out. There is a rare condition called abdominal aortic aneurysm that can cause the type of pain you're describing, and this would require immediate attention from a medical professional.

If you're under age 50 and this pain doesn't go away on its own within a few days, you might make an appointment with your primary care provider to have it checked out.

I hope you feel better soon.