Q.

im 38 and had my uterus and cervix out i have ovarian cysts can this be cancer?

Related Topics: Cancer, Cyst, Cervix, Ovary, Uterus

A.
There is always a possibility.  However, my mother had ovarian cysts quite often (before and after hysterectomy).  Hers were always benign.  It wouldn't hurt to check with your gynecologist to be safe.  Or even your local health office if you don't still have a gynecologist

A.
I too suffer from chronic ovarian cysts, at the age of 44…[sigh] however, I have not had the surgical procedures you mentioned. 

It's my understanding that an ovarian cyst is a build up of fluid within an ovary that is surrounded by a very thin wall. The majority of ovarioan cyst are benign (harmless) and are found to occur mostly in premenopausal women. However, some postmenopausal women and those who's ovaries are intact, may also develop ovarian cysts. [According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), USA, most premenopausal women and up to 14.8% of postmenopausal women are found to have ovarian cysts]

Ovarian cysts typically occur most frequently during a female's reproductive years (childbearing years).  However, ovarian cysts may affect a woman of any age. Sometimes ovarian cysts cause pain and bleeding and range widely in size from being as small as a pea to larger than an orange.  In some cases [like mine] a sample (biopsy) of the cyst is taken to determine what type it is. Doctors may also order tests such as a pelvic ultrasound scan and blood tests. 

In any case, it's always best to speak with a physician about  your concerns and discuss any treatment options available and appropriate for you.  

Best Regards, 
Corvet Sue ~

A.
If you still have your fallopian tubes it's possible because my mom had a hysterectomy but they left hr fallopian tubes and she still can tell when she should be menstruating if she had not had the hysterectomy.