Q.

my daughter is 23 weeks pregnant and has been leaking clear fluid, is her or the baby in danger?

does she need to go to the hospital because she is leaking clear fluid?

Related Topics: Pregnancy, Baby

A.
Your best bet in this situation is to have your daughter call her OB-GYN to get checked out. You probably don't need to rush to the emergency room, but I would phone the doctor as soon as possible.

It's not abnormal to experience vaginal discharge during pregnancy. In fact, it's perfectly normal for vaginal secretions to increase when you're expecting a baby.

However, leaking clear watery fluid can be a sign of an amniotic fluid leak. And that definitely requires attention from a medical professional.

Like I said, I would suggest your daughter call her health care provider and explain what's going on. I'm sure her doctor, midwife, or other provider will want to see her for this.

Best to all of you!