Q.

Burning, itching, yellow discharge from vagina. Is it a yeast infection?

I am 13 years old and I haven't had any sexual intercourse, I'm a virgin. But recently my vagina is puffy, almost swollen like and it gets irritated when touched and it itches a little. I also have a yellowish discharge when I go to pee and my pee is cloudy. There's not really a smell unless I actually sniff it and I use pantyliners because it stains my panties.I've been researching yeast infections because my symptons are related to it. I haven't told my mother yet, please help.

A.

If your history as true, and I have no doubt that you are being honest, the most likely cause IS a yeast infection. Yeast loves warm, dark, moist places and your vagina fits the bill perfectly. Yeast is notorious for causing extreme itching, swelling, redness, and a discharge, so do not hesitate to talk to your mother. In most cases, your mother has experienced vaginal yeast infections herself, and will be able to help you. There are many effective, over-the-counter medications, and even an oral pill that your medical provider can prescribe.  This problem can be easily fixed, so don't delay.

A.

By your history, your symptoms fit a diagnosis of a Vaginal Yeast Infection perfectly! This can be caused by change in detergent, soaps or even the material of your underwear. This is something that must be treated and only gets worse with time. If you have recently taking antibiotics, they can also cause this. Talk with your Mother cause my guess is she has experienced this herself.