Q.

Perimenopause at 31; SERIOUS hot flashes, night sweats, nausea. weight gain, rages/mood swings

I am not the average 31 year old. I have had 7 pregnancies, resulting in 5 live births. My mom had a complete hysterectomy at 28 due to excessive bleeding (don't have all the details). Shorter periods, heavier day 1 and 2, barely there day 3 and 4. Also, weird brain farts like forgeting debit card pin.

Hyopthyrodism-50 mcg synthroid daily with normal levels for over 3 years. Bipolar 1 lithium, zoloft, lorazapam daily.
Related Topics: Hot Flash, Mood Swing, Weight Gain

A.
I'm not sure exactly what your question is, but I'll do my best to give you some information.

While 31 is relatively young to start perimenopause, it's not impossible. That said, other conditions also could cause the symptoms you describe. I'd urge you to see your primary care provider or gynecologist for further testing to see if a different, underlying condition is the cause of your symptoms.

This doesn't sound like an emergency situation, but I'd recommend you call for an appointment at your earliest convenience.

All the best to you!

A.

I am sorry. I am asking if it sounds like I may be in perimenopause. Lol, I was trying so hard to remember the stuff that was really bothering me and forgot to even ask a question. Wow, guess that was one of those brain glitches, lol.

I did forget to mention having to always wear a pad if I have a cough or plan on laughing or sneezing or I'll have to change my bottoms.