Q.

ulcer what to do,eat what not to do and eat?

i went to the doc 11 days ago,she said it sounds like a ulcer! put me on prevacid for 10 days and it should heal,well its been 11 and i still feel the stomach pain! i dont know what i should or should do eat or what not to eat and somthing that can help me heal this ulcer or ulcers asap i want my stomach back! im 21 and i reallt dont understand how i even got a ulcer to begin with

Related Topics: Ulcer, Stomach, Pain, Healing

A.

It's important to adopt a balanced, nutrient-rich diet to help the ulcer heal and keep your body healthy. Small frequent meals (4-6 times) tend to be better tolerated than fewer (2-3 times) big meals. Avoid or limit alcohol, as it can make symptoms worse and delay healing of the ulcer. Avoid caffeine-containing food and beverages (coffee, tea and chocolate) as they can increased stomach acid making symptoms worse. Watch for foods that may cause discomfort such as spicy or greasy foods while your ulcer is healing. For more on what to eat with an ulcer, see this article.

A.

Please see a upper, GI specialist. Like yourself my stomach was in so much pain with eating and drinking and anything over the counter would not work. I had  out patient procedure today by the upper GI and the ulcers were confirmed. I am now being properly treated and am on my way to feeling better.

Rai Starr on FB or rai.starr1 on Skype

Feel better soon, Blessings!!

A.

Also, contrary to popular belief, avoid dairy products.  Although milk may coat your stomach, it makes your stomach produce more acid to break down the enzymes in it.  If yours has been only for about a month, lucky you!!  I've had mine for almost 4 mos., and nothing is helping!  I don't eat spicy food, drink alcohol, or do dairy and still can't figure out what to eat!!  It also depends on what kind of ulcer you have.  If it's from bacteria, try asking for antibiotics.  They can do blood tests to find out.

A.
I would suggest you to eat banana, honey, cabbage juice as these are the natural remedies to cure stomach ulcer. but I think you should visit a good gastrology consultant first.

http://www.londongiassociates.com/